I haven’t been writing recipes lately. I have been writing though, though about other things like life and family. But I have been eating and cooking still. And here is a long over due recipe post.
This seafood chowder is a one pot meal, great for stormy days. You could serve with a side salad but there is already a rainbow of vegetables in here so it’s up to you.
- 4 strips of quality bacon, cut into thin slices
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large sweet potato
- fresh thyme
- 1 L stock (I used vegetable)
- half a red pepper, diced
- half a bunch of chard, thinly sliced
- 500g fish (I used sole but any sustainably caught, wild white fish will do)
- 200g west coast shrimp
- 100g scallops (Ocean Wise)
Heat pot over medium high heat. Add bacon and saute until the bacon starts to get crispy around the edges. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add celery, carrots and sweet potato – cook 5 minutes. Add thyme and stock, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender. Add red pepper, chard, and seafood. Cook 5 -10 min more.